Chickpeas are a great source of Protein. I love making this fast and lasting snack. It travels great for on-the-go people and is great for picnics and day trips with kids or lovers.
2 cans of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
One large lemon. Rind and juice separated.
Spanish or smoked Paprika
1/4 cup toasted and ground Cumin
1. Place cumin into small pan on medium heat, stir a few times.You will know when to take off heat due to the aroma. Try not to over toast because it will affect the flavor.
2. Place chickpeas into food processor. Add lemon juice and rind. Next add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Add cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Those spices can be added to your perference. I tend to go heavy on the cumin and paprika and light on the salt and pepper. Even with the recipe, small changes make it so the hummus always comes out differently. Feel free to play and explore a little bit to find your favorite combination.
4. Pulse a few times to break up the peas and get it going. Then switch to high speed and watch the magic happen. If desired, add more olive oil during this step. For a chunkier hummus, use less oil. I tend to like a chunkier blend but have made it both ways.
5. Cut up your favorite veggies. Heat up pita and dip or spread. Use however you see fit. Enjoy and share!